1) Black bin emptied once a fortnight - or when they can be bothered to drive up to the farm. If it's snowing, forget it.
2) Blue recycling bin emptied once a fortnight - sometimes, they've sent ONE bin wagon to empty both bins which means both domestic and recycling waste has gone into the same wagon. Do you see the logic in that? No, me neither.
3) One police officer covering approximately 40 miles of open countryside.
4) Small Fire Station with 1 engine approximately 7 miles away, not open 24/7.
5) Ambulance service that has to travel at least 20 miles to reach us.
Struggling now. There really isn't anything else I can think of. We have no street lights round here, pot holes as big as volcanoes, no public transport unless you want to walk 3 miles to catch the bus, which I really don't want to do with bags of shopping (or Amy) - and then the bus in the nearest village only runs every 2 hours. Oh, and we don't have pavements either. So you see, I know I'm not the only one to complain about the rip off council tax bills, but when I have to pay more than £2k a year for the above, you can see why I get a little irrational and feel my freedom of speech can extend to telling a stony-faced bag with no manners that my bins being emptied are the only service we are given.
This post was inspired by Maggie May who is also pretty furious about her bin situation.